Private Tuition: Jewellery Making – Techniques & Design in Sydney.
Want intensive one on one learning all aspects of beaded jewellery design & assembly techniques? Join a private class for dynamic and personal tuition in jewellery making and design.
- do you want to start a jewellery biz but your jewellery making is a bit average?
- are you a crafty DIYer and want to sell at markets but don’t know where to start?
- do you simply love making and wearing jewellery, but need some professional jewellery making and designing tips?
Our private jewellery making class offers you one on one tuition which is the next step to take your designs up a notch or two, launch your label and make you a better maker and a better designer.
HOW YOUR PRIVATE TUITION WORKS
At the time of your booking we will email a pre tutorial questionnaire which will make your tutorial targeted, effective and personal.
We provide a tailored program for individual students in:
- practice (jewellery making)
- and /or theory (jewellery design)
- how to start a craft business, where to sell etc
“From ceramic artists, silver smiths and vintage jewellery collectors whom I have helped with their finishings to an exacting professional gallery standard to hobbyists who want to become full time jewellery designers, I can help you realise your dreams.” Christine Smalley – Jewellery Tutor
PRIVATE TUTORIAL JEWELLERY DESIGN & TECHNIQUE DESCRIPTION
- Develop your jewellery technical skills to become a better maker to finish off your work like a professional
- Learn theory of design and develop a working practice of design principles to become a better designer
- Gain confidence and excel in your creative goals
Choose from one of 3 private tutorial sessions below to suit you:
- option 1: 1 1/2hours $189 + materials (Want to book it? click here or Want to gift it? click here.)
- option 2: 3 hours $350 plus materials. SAVE $28! (Want to book it? click here or Want to gift it? click here.)
- option 3: x2 3 hour sessions $689 plus materials. SAVE $66! (Want to book it? click here. or Want to gift it? click here.)
TUTOR AND TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
Christine Smalley is a full time designer and educator under the label Etelage est in 2002 and based in the inner west, Sydney. She is a bower bird at heart and combines her love of travels and cultures to source exotic artisan beads and embellishments for her jewellery designs.
She has lived in Africa, studied glass design in Italy and fossicked through many a basement of former jewellery makers in the hub of Bohemia. (Czech Republic and southern Germany) Her travels allow a constant flow of inspiration and stories plus an eclectic and juxtiposed style.
She observes that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions and not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity. So it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
Christine creates a teaching environment where participants can share ideas, be inspired and let their imaginations run wild!
With over 16 years teaching experience Christine is dedicated to empowering her students to become better designers and better makers, equipping them with skills and confidence to create whatever her students dream!
PRIVATE TUITION TESTIMONIAL
“Christine gave me the confidence to turn my basic jewellery skills & passion for colour into a modest business. She is an unorthodox teacher who generously shared all her invaluable tips to turn my basic jewellery pieces into professionally finished pieces which I now sell to galleries – she is truly inspirational.” Tina 2013