Whether you are a crafting novice, an experienced DIYer or simply love your jewels, who doesn’t want to discover & create their own notably unique style?
- want to unleash your creative spirit?
- want to immerse yourself in the sheer joy of being creative?
- love wearing jewellery and want to learn to make jewellery?
Our goal is to make you a better maker and better designer.
OPEN JEWELLERY MAKING WORKSHOPS
We offer open jewellery making classes with founder of Etelage, Christine Smalley plus also collaborate with other fantastic and passionate artiss to bring you unique master classes in all aspects of jewellery assembly and design. Our goal is to make you a better maker and designer. Whether our students want a creative jewellery making experience, want to learn a new hobby or want to escape the daily grind of work they will all enjoy a creative experience and nurture their creative soul without the perpetual motion and noise our busy western lives have become.
PRIVATE TUITION IN JEWELLERY MAKING AND DESIGN AND COACHING FOR NEW CREATIVE PRENEURS
If you prefer one on one then you can book a private tuition session in jewellery making or book a coaching session for advice and clarity on how to start and launch a creative business, brand your small business, plan and achieve goals which will make your new business profitable and thrive.
JEWELLERY MAKING EVENTS: HENS PARTIES, KIDS PARTIES, COMMUNITY AND CORPORATE
We also offer jewellery making workshops for fun and stylish hens parties in Sydney, kids birthday parties, community aged, refugee, disability, youth, mums groups and team building workshops for your corporate team at your nominated venue.
ABOUT YOUR JEWELLERY TUTOR
Christine Smalley is a full time designer and educator under the label Etelage est in 2002 and based in the inner west.
She is a bower bird at heart and combines her love of travels and cultures to source exotic artisan beads and embellishments for her jewellery designs. She has lived in Africa, studied glass design in Italy and fossicked through many a basement of former jewellery makers in the hub of Bohemia. (Czech Republic and southern Germany) Her travels allow a constant flow of inspiration and stories plus an eclectic and juxtaposed style.
She observes that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions and not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity. So it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
Christine creates a teaching environment where participants can share ideas, be inspired and let their imaginations run wild! With over 16 years teaching experience Christine is dedicated to empowering her students to become better designers and better makers, equipping them with skills and confidence to create whatever her students dream!
After attending my first beading class at Etelage I was hooked. They offer something quite unique and the staff are obviously passionate about jewellery. Alyce
FAQ + T&Cs
- Book on line www.etelage.com or email [email protected] if you would like to book an event.
- Etelage workshops are held in the iner west Sydney or at your nominated venue.
- Payment is required in full at the time of booking for open classes and a deposit which is non refundable for events. We cannot guarantee your space in a workshop until payment is received in full.
- Cancellation: If you can’t attend a class for any reason, refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes. Please arrange for someone else to take your place. Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- All materials and tools are supplied for jewellery workshops unless specified.
- As a workshop participant you agree:
That Etelage P/L is not responsible for any theft or injury that may occur at our premises or in our workshops.
That you will not replicate, reproduce or distribute any element of our workshops in any form.