6 WAYS TO WEAR SS17 TREND: STATEMENT EARRINGS
Statement earrings are huge in SS17—think sculptural oversized styles and solo danglers with a dose of colour or not. From linear and drop to geo chandelier, gypsy hoop or beaded fringed. Designs from the catwalks have embraced all sorts of materials from metal and plastic to organics such as wood and nuts.
If you are not sure on how to wear them and have been a sensible stud girl all your life now is the season to embrace the statement earring which I am such a fan of!
When wearing statement earrings here are my 6 tips:
- wear simple cuts and a monochrome palette.
- bare your shoulders: wear off the shoulder tops and dresses or shoe string straps
- if you have long hair, wear it up to provide a centre stage for the dangling pieces.
- statement baubles come in all sorts of shapes and colours. Whether you like gilded, sparkly bling, embellished or stones there’s a style for everyone.
- statement earrings don’t need to cost an arm and a leg, you can make your own simply by using filigree stampings, lace or gyspy hoops or earring drops.
- personally, I’d avoid wearing a statement necklace AND earrings to avoid the Christmas tree matchy matchy look.
SHOP new collection from drops, clip ons, studs, and chandeliers. click here