Deco Cresent w Loop Filigree Brass
|1 - 9||$6.95 ( Selling price )|
|10 - 99||$5.50 ( Selling price )|
|100 or more||$3.48 ( Selling price )|
brass blanks, charms & motifs are brass and manufactured from
original vintage patterns by predominantly hand crafted family owned
companies in Germany, Czech Republic and France dating back to the early
1900s. A few of these companies still survive today and manufacture
original vintage styles like this one!
For free tutorials on jewellery making. click here
WHY WE LOVE WORKING WITH BRASS AND YOU WILL ALSO!
- Brass is highly durable
- Brass is polished easily
- Brass is corrosion resistant
- Brass is green: a highly machinable with less scrap, less rework and less
energy than other materials.
- Brass is lead and nickel free
- Brass has a soft muted honey colouring, which makes it the most complimentary of all metal finishes.
Care for brass
will naturally darken (called a patina) as it ages. You may like the
antique it creates however if you want to bring the piece back to a
shiny brass simply:
- 1 cup of warm water, add a tblsp vinegar
and drop of washing up detergent. Combine all ingredients in a jar &
gently shake for 30 seconds. Dry on a paper towel. Too easy!
“Making good jewellery is made up of three basics…good materials, good tools, and good techniques.”