Deco Fan Brass with 6mm Setting
|1 - 9||$4.50 ( Selling price )|
|10 - 99||$3.50 ( Selling price )|
All brass blanks, charms & motifs like this deco fan are made from stamped brass and manufactured from original vintage patterns by predominantly hand crafted family owned companies in Germany, Czech Republic and France dating back to the early 1900s. A few of these companies still survive today and manufacture original vintage styles like this one!
For free tutorials on jewellery making. click here
WHY WE LOVE WORKING WITH BRASS AND YOU WILL ALSO!
- Brass is highly durable
- Brass is polished easily
- Brass is corrosion resistant
- Brass is green: a highly machinable with less scrap, less rework and less
energy than other materials.
- Brass is lead and nickel free
- Brass has a soft muted honey colouring, which makes it the most complimentary of all metal finishes.
- 40x28mm with 6mm (SS30) stone setting & hole at the top
- Finish: raw brass
Make great instant earrings!
brass will naturally darken (called a patina) as it ages. You may like the antique patina it creates, however if you want to bring the piece back to a shiny brass simply:
- 1 cup of warm water, add a tblsp vinegar
and drop of washing up detergent. Combine all ingredients in a jar &
gently shake for 30 seconds. Dry on a paper towel. Too easy!
“Making good jewellery is made up of three basics…good materials, good tools, and good techniques.”
finish: raw brass