DIY Colourful Necklace with Bonus Step by Step Video Tutorial
I have designed this coronavirus inspired necklace using vintage West German Lucite plastic and even some painted splattered beads. I have been reaching for colour this week in physical distancing and this is the result. We have been working hard behind the scenes to connect with our customers creatively, as we are all minimising going out, reviewing our daily lives and moving towards spending more time indoors. Many of us are already in self-isolation and it requires a lot of self-discipline. Research shows that having busy creative hands is calming and soothing. So, in these uncertain times start a DIY project, find an online course and keep your hands and mind busy.
When you are a bit short on time or ideas and want a creative hit reach out for one of our jewellery making DIY kits which are just like making from scratch, only easier! Plus this earring kit comes with a step by step video tutorial in these times of social distancing. Our D.I.Y kits are also the ideal gifts and great for the first time beader.
- skill level: beginner
- tools required: flat nose pliers plus wire cutters
- colour/finish: red, yellow, pink, salmon and light turquoise
- length: 70cm
WHAT YOU GET:
- kit with all materials to make your project
- step by step instructions how to attach a clasp to wire
- handy ruler and jewellery lengths calculator
- colour booklet – soft cover – 26 pages, on how beads are made, basic jewellery making techniques and design inspiration
- step by step video tutorial: running time 15 minutes
Want to be a better jewellery maker and a better jewellery designer? We have created a series of FREE jewellery making video tutorials sharing everything from how to get started, basic assembly techniques, trouble shooting, to design inspo, professional finishing tips, and more! We show you have to string beads to make necklaces and bracelets, links beads to make simple drop earrings, wire wrap stones, make stud earrings, how to build on basic technique and design skills and how to design a one of a kind necklace.
WATCH OUR VIDEO TUTORIALS ON JEWELLERY MAKING BASICS NOW: click here