Hammered Disc Pendant 60mm Brass
|1 - 9||$8.50 ( Selling price )|
All brass blanks, charms & motifs are brass and manufactured from original vintage patterns by predominantly hand crafted family owned companies in Germany, Czech Republic and France dating back to the early
1900s. A few of these companies still survive today and manufacture original vintage styles. These ones though are original vintage!
- 12mm blank can be embellished with a cabochon
- concave with hollow back
- top drilled
For free tutorials on jewellery making. click here
WHY WE LOVE WORKING WITH BRASS AND YOU WILL ALSO!
- Brass is highly durable
- Brass is polished easily
- Brass is corrosion resistant
- Brass is green: a highly machinable with less scrap, less rework and less
energy than other materials.
- Brass is lead and nickel free
- Brass has a soft muted honey colouring, which makes it the most complimentary of all metal finishes.
Brass will naturally darken (called a patina) as it ages.
You may like the antique it creates however if you want to bring the piece back to a shiny brass simply:
Boil 1 cup of water, set aside until warm then add a tblsp vinegar and
drop of washing up detergent. Combine all ingredients in a jar &
gently shake for 30 seconds. Dry on a paper towel.
It’s that easy!
“Making good jewellery is made up of three basics…good materials, good tools, and good techniques.”