Workshop Sunday Aug 21 10am Beginner Basics Jewellery Making
Prepare to slow down, get creative and have loads of fun making jewellery. Join Christine for a relaxing morning in our beginner jewellery making workshop at Summer Hill. It’s a perfect way to end the weekend. Bring a friend, your mum or a neighbour, and learn the joy of jewellery making. Choose from a selection of uniquely designed kits using elements from our creative toolbox and learn the basics of assemblage.
In this hands-on jewellery workshop you will learn the two most commonly used techniques in costume beaded jewellery making (stringing and linking beads) plus loads of finishing touches and professional tips.
Love wearing jewellery?
Want to learn the basics of jewellery making?
Then this jewellery workshop is for you!
What Will I Make?
• An illusion choker strung on flex wire and simple drop earrings using Czech glass crystals
• A linked crystal choker and small drop earrings.
• Make and finish the pieces in your choice of colour.
PLUS Receive a student participant pack on the day which will help you get started in jewellery making:
– Booklet 23 pages of inspiration from beads, techniques and design tips
– Instruction sheets
– Discount code for future workshop bookings
What you Learn:
– Learn how to string beads on wire and finish off with a clasp.
– Learn how to individually link beads to make a “rosary” style bead chain. (Linking is a technique used to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets and chokers.)
EVERYTHING IS SUPPLIED – Use of tools on the day and all materials are supplied.
You also have the opportunity to buy tools, earring parts and beads to continue your creativity at home with your newly learnt jewellery skills.
10am – 1pm
Paper Rock Scissors Arts Studio – Summer Hill
12 Flour Mill Way
COVID NOTE – In adhering to NSW government guidelines for COVID safety measures, we ask that you maintain social distancing and use hand sanitiser, (provided).