Workshop Sunday 11th December Statement Earrings
Prepare to slow down, get creative and have loads of fun making jewellery which expresses your innate style. Add a splash of colour to your wardrobe this season and make 3 pairs of fabulous statement earrings, which will impress you as well as your friends.
Embracing and celebrating sustainable style, join a local jewellery designer for a stylish and relaxing evening of creativity in our statement earrings workshop at Summer Hill. It’s a perfect way to start your weekend. Bring a friend, your mum or a neighbour, and learn the joy of jewellery making.
WHAT YOU GET
- Make and create three pairs of earrings to take home with you.
- Each style will build on skills.
- We will provide afternoon tea.
WHAT YOU LEARN
During this workshop in Sydney’s Inner West, you will learn:
– Learn how to make fabulous designer earrings from linear and drop, to chandelier and beaded fringe styles, which will impress you as well as your friends.
– Anatomy of earrings
– Types of earring styles
– Various techniques
– How to build on basic earring designs to create statement pieces
– How to link beads and charms together
– Professional tips on earring assembly and design
– About different jewellery parts and how to use them
– Different elements from beads to charms and why they are your sustainable and ethical style choice
Choose from a selection of uniquely designed kits using elements from our creative toolbox plus design your own pair using vintage Lucite beads. Think vintage and modern crystals, glass beads and brass filigree, sustainably sourced from Europe with a vintage modern twist.
EVERYTHING IS SUPPLIED
You also have the opportunity to buy tools, earring parts and beads to continue your creativity at home with your newly learnt jewellery skills.
Paper Rock Scissors Arts Studio – Summer Hill
12 Flour Mill Way Summer Hill opposite Soul Cafe and directly above the quadrangle
TIME: 2-4pm on Sunday 11 Dec 2022
Public Transport: Easily accessible by public transport the studio is located in the redeveloped iconic Flour Mill, overlooking the square at the top of the stairs. A one minute walk from Lewisham West light rail stop and 7 minute walk from Summer Hill railway station.
After your workshop enjoy a tipple at one of the small bars or a bite to eat at one of the many cafe/restaurants on offer in the Summer Hill village.
Parking: There is on street parking in the surrounding streets. Flour Mill Way has a 2 hour limit.