BEADING BASICS – for beginners
March 30 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm$135
A JEWELLERY MAKING WORKSHOP FOR BEGINNERS –
a technique driven class
Do you want to learn the basics of jewellery making?
Do you love wearing jewellery and want to learn how to make it?
Do you want to brush up on core technical skills?
Then this workshop is for YOU!
JEWELLERY WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION
A technqiue driven, highly structrured jewellery class designed for those who are serious about learning the exact foundation of making unique bling. Whether you are a crafting novice or a practised jewellery maker you will learn loads of professional finishing touches and technical tips which will make you a better maker.
The class is held in creative studio space with no stress and no distractions. Just a group of like minded people enjoying making, crafting and some sweet treats for afternoon tea. Enjoy a group learning hands on experience workshop and leave with an amazing piece/s of jewellery which will impress you as well as your friends, plus loads of inspiration and a spark of creative passion.
You will leave inspired and empowered to practice what you have learnt.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Learn the two most commonly used techniques in costume jewellery making (stringing and linking beads)
Loads of finishing touches and professional tips
Learn to string beads on wire and finish off with a clasp.
How to individually link beads to make a “rosary” style bead chain. (Linking is a technique used to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets and chokers.)
WHAT YOU MAKE
- An illusion choker strung on flex wire and simple drop earrings using Czech glass crystals
A linked crystal choker and earrings.
Make and finish the pieces in your choice of colour.
PRICE INCLUDES ALL MATERIALS
Receive a student participant pack on the day which will help you get started in jewellery making:
• jewellery making DVD
• booklet, bookmark & instruction sheets
• discount code for online purchases & future workshop bookings
Starter packs will also be available to purchase on the day. These packs are created for the beginner beader and include tools, beads and jewellery parts.
No previous jewellery making is necessary.
- notebook to take extra notes or your device
reading glasses if you wear them!
This is the last beginner class for 2018. Don’t miss out!
- Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you can’t attend a class for any reason.
- You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place! Refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes.
- Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- All class handouts, materials & projects are original Etelage ideas and subject to copyright.